Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kid in a Box




When I taught in Urbana, there was an amazing Kindergarten teacher named Jane. She was an inspiration to me because of her patience, interests, and philosophy on teaching young children. She once shared a game that was called "Kid in a Box." It's pretty simple, the kids close their eyes and then a student is selected to go into the box. There is no top or bottom to the box, I lift it up and in they go. Once safe and secure inside the box, everyone opens their eyes and observes their surrounding to to figure out who is missing. The kids at the carpet guess and when they figure it out, the hidden kiddo pops up. As simple as it is, the students love to play the game and request it on a daily basis. It kind of reminds me of "Heads Up 7 Up." Do you remember playing that game in grade school? What is one of your child's favorite games to play at home?


PS - Thank you to Garvy's security guard and janitorial staff for asking me if I'd want to save the big box from the recycling!

1 comment:

Lauren Gilbert said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'll have to remember this game for the future!