Monday, February 27, 2012

Mancala Online

Today I started to teach one of my favorite board games, Mancala. I have several wooden game sets, but decided to show the whole group how to play using our StarBoard. The students were quick learners and picked up on the strategy quickly. Here's a link to an online version of the game, it explains the rules and models correct play. I will warn you that the computer is VERY good and hard to beat. Good luck!


Would you rather sit down and play with your child? Target sells the wooden game board and stones for $5, worth every penny!

Do you have a favorite game that your family enjoys playing? Have you ever let your child win?!

3 comments:

starfall said...

cool thanks for sharing the link mancala, I hope i can published it on my site

The Schoen Family said...

The Schoen Family loves to play Uno, Sequence, and Memory.

Dehne always seems to win?!?

The Breede Family said...

Ms. Bachman,
We'll have to try it. It sounds like fun:)