Friday, March 2, 2012

Six Simple Things to Smile About

1. Dr. Seuss
2. Running in the rain
3. Students that want to be "ninjas" when they grow up
4. Listening to my students READ on Raz-kids.com
5. Encouraging words from my National Board mentor
6. New technology resources from Mrs. Berlage

Here are the kids who completed the challenge homework for February. Well done!

This weekend I'm going to be working on my National Board portfolios. I have until the end of March to finish all four and I can't wait to send them in. Your children have learned so much this year, they are making it easy for me to write about their achievements. I hope you enjoy the weekend and I'll see you all on Tuesday.

What are your plans for the long weekend? Is anybody going to see Dr. Seuss' new movie "The Lorax?"

3 comments:

The Hernandez Family said...

We definitely plan on going to see The Lorax! Wish us luck..this will be the little one's first movie!

The Breede Family said...

Maggie and her BIG brother, Kevin are going to see "The Lorax" with their Gram and Poppie tomorrow. They are EXCITED! I am sure Mag's will have a report for you on Tuesday. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Georgia Gerick said...

Ha! I love the ninjas comment! Mine are a bit more practical. My son will be a train engineer/teacher/builder/author/illustrator (all at the same time, apparently!).

I don't like taking kids to see movies without having seen it myself. Even kid movies can have enough scary elements that will cause nightmares at night. (This has been an issue in the past.) I'm sure we'll watch The Lorax when it's out on DVD. Horton Hears a Who was wonderful!