Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Welcome Spring!

Uh oh, I hope I didn't jinx it. How could I resist from feeling like today is the perfect Spring day? The highlight of my day at Garvy was taking the students to the garden for reading time. Elise commented, "this school has a very beautiful garden." I'm so excited for her to see it once Ms. Columbus and her gardeners have planted new flowers, it truly is a beautiful space.

During reading time Leah sat down next to me on a bench and read almost the entire book, "Ten Apples Up on Top." It is the perfect story for reinforcing our new sight word out and the number words one through ten. I was so proud of her for never giving up on this looooong (over 60 pages) book!






How did you and your family enjoy this beautiful weather? I'm going to enjoy it at a friends for a lobster boil (fresh from Boston), sitting outside, and RELAXING. No more National Board for me tonight!

2 comments:

Mrs. Breede said...

I love that garden!

Georgia Gerick said...

I am so impressed that Leah read that entire book to you in that time frame! Great work, Leah!

And what a great idea to read books in that garden! Though, I think I'm even more surprised that anyone was able to concentrate on the books with that amazing weather.