Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School Countdown

Well my little 5 and 6 year old friends, it's almost time to head back to school. The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 6th. In anticipation for the new year I thought it would be fun to have an alphabet countdown. Here is a list of 26 fun activities to help you wrap up summer vacation.

Ask a friend to a play date
Breakfast in bed
Catch lightning bugs
Decorate cookies or cupcakes
Explore your neighborhood
Ferris wheel ride at Navy Pier
Go bowling
Hop scotch
Ice cream sundae party
Jump rope
Kickball
Library visit to find a new book
Movie night
Night owl; see how late you can stay up
Open a lemonade stand
Picnic at the park
Q-Tip artwork
Ride bikes
Slip and slide
Tie-dye a t-shirt
Under a tree reading
Visit a grandparent
Water day; pool, sprinklers, waterpark, beach
eXtra sweet to your family day
You're almost ready for school CELEBRATE a great summer
Zip up your new backpack and head to Garvy

I'd love to see which activities you can complete before school starts. Print off the list, highlight your accomplishments and bring it to show me. I'll have a treat for you!

3 comments:

Samantha Schoen said...

What a great list - "R" should have been something to do with the RAIN!!

Wow! We have sure had the rain this summer!!!

Christina Bachman said...

Rain and hail, I still can't believe it!

Lynette said...

Hi Ms. Bachman,

I hope you are having fun this summer. I am almost done with the list. I can't wait until school starts!