Monday, August 15, 2011

Try, Try, Try...Never Give Up!

I wanted to give up after running 5 miles, but had 8.1 to go. Needing motivation, I looked to other runners, people cheering, the bands, and the Chicago skyline to cross the finish line. This race taught me that when something is hard, it's really easy to quit. How could I just give up when all year long I taught you guys to try your best and never give up? I could almost hear you little voices cheering, "Keep going Ms. Bachman! We love you!" My goal time for this 1/2 marathon was 1 hour and 50 minutes, but sadly I didn't reach it. I still did well and finished in 1 hour 56 minutes and 45 seconds. Here's a picture where I'm sprinting to the finish line.


Have you learned something new this summer that was really hard? Did you give up or stick with it?

1 comment:

The Schoen Family said...

Congrats on an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing your struggles and how you overcame them to complete your marathon and not give up! We are all proud of you!!!