Monday, August 8, 2011

Ear Piercing 101

Dehne wrote a story about getting her ears pierced earlier this summer. What a brave little girl!

Since I was in Kindergarten, my Mom kept asking me to get my ears pierced. I didn't want to because I thought it would hurt. My mom wanted me to get my ears pierced because she thinks I am fancy and would love earrings. Finally, this summer I got my ears pierced! Mommy was right, I love them, so so so so so much!

You have to clean them three times a day so they do not get infected. Mommy and Daddy help me clean my earrings. You have to keep them in for six months before you can take them out. My Grandmother gave me 5 pairs of earrings and I can't wait to try them on.

If my memory serves me correctly, my parents made me wait until I was 12 years old to pierce my ears. I was so excited to have it done, and it was so quick with the little earring gun. I still remember the story of my mom's home ear piercing, my grandma used a needle, ice and a potato to pierce her ears. OUCH!

These earrings might be one of the MAIN reasons I wanted to pierce my ears in the first place.

2 comments:

Samantha Schoen said...

NKOTB!!! I had everything BUT those amazing earrings!!!

Christina Bachman said...

Me too! I went to the NKOTB concert for a friends Bachelorette a couple years ago, SO MUCH FUN!