Friday, April 27, 2012

Bear Hunting

Yesterday I introduced a new read aloud story that I picked from a Scholastic book order (thank you parents for ordering online because they gave us this book).  It was new to our class, but many of the students excitedly remembered, "We're Going On a Bear Hunt" from their pre-kindergarten classes.  They shared all the fun activities their teacher(s) had done with them; singing songs, going on a pretend bear hunt, and learning about bears.  I looked up the song and found this AMAZING video on You Tube.  Here's a link to the online story if you want to watch it yourself.  The kids loved it!      






















Then we checked back in on Jewel and her cubs.  The kids were shocked that they had left the den and were no longer sleeping.  Here's the link to the live webcast of their home in Minnesota.  I love hearing the sounds of the running water and animals in the background!

Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by the enthusiasm your child has for a new book?  Do you prefer finding new books at the library or taking a chance and getting them through a book order?

1 comment:

G Gerick said...

Elena has requested the video for this book several times. I even have a video of her and her brother acting it out. They love it! I came across the book and bought it for her for her birthday! I can't wait for her to see it! :-)