Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Great Week Back

The past four school days were great. After a long break from school I always come back energized and look forward to spending time with my students again. They all have fun spirits that inspire me to approach life with a "glass 1/2 full" mentality.

There were many events that made me smile this week...

1. Four new Nook Color tablets to enhance student literacy achievement. Thank you Mrs. McGlade!

2. Giggles throughout the room when breaking apart the word, "underwear" during phonemic awareness practice.

3. Mrs. LaFleur complimenting the students on ALL being characters of the month. The character trait was friendship and I nominated the entire class because they are the best of friends.

4. A "thank you" post card from Ms. Diaz visiting her daughter in NJ.

5. Observing reading progress during small reading groups!

6. Co-teaching social skills with our schools social worker, Mrs. Callan.

I hope you all enjoy the long weekend! Do you have any fun plans for Friday? Has anyone been to see the jellyfish exhibit at the Shedd Aquarium?

No comments: